WE ARE SAICE.
The South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) aims to advance professional knowledge and improve the practice of civil engineering within the profession.
The organization caters for all its candidates who satisfy the requirements for admission as a Member. There are a number of different membership categories for one to belong to when joining the institution.
IN SUPPORT OF SAICE’S MISSION, SAICE STRIVES:
- To be a learned society for all those associated with civil engineering;
- To enable our members, through consultation and accountability, to provide the community with environmentally and economically sustainable infrastructure;
- To cater for the interests and needs of our members by creating an effective communication channel in a strong, dynamic and stable organisation;
- to provide our members with continuing education in technical, managerial and communication skills;
- To advance and uphold the professional ethics of the civil engineering profession;
- To enhance the recognition of civil engineering as a highly respected profession and a desirable career;
- And above all, to encourage our members to strive for excellence in civil engineering.